In-depth investigative series by Lilia Luciano (ABC 10 Sacramento)
A College of the Sequoias interview with Visalia Police Sergeant John Vaughan
A college of the Sequoias interview with
author Tony Reid and Visalia Police Department Sergeant John Vaughan
Jordan -v- City of New London, et. al. No. 99-9188, 2000 U.S. App. Second Circuit
“Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops” ABC News September 08, 2000
“Peace Officer Psychological Screening Manual” California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST), Originally published 2014; Updated 2022
“EXONERATIONS: Part IV – Misconduct in Interrogations – A Legal Gray Area” Posted by Vanguard Administrator, September 24, 2020
“Police Interrogations” John Oliver/Last Week Tonight.
“Principles on Effective Interviewing for Investigations and Information Gathering” Washington College of Law, 2021
EFF Pressure Results in Increased Disclosure of Abuse of California’s Law Enforcement Databases; Dave Maass, March 31, 2016
Telecommunications Training Guide, 1994; CalDOJ & POST
“How did this California police department hire so many officers with troubling pasts?” UC Berkeley School of Journalism
“More Followers of Chavez Seized—Hundreds Arrested on Coast in Dispute With Teamsters By Earl Caldwell”
Special to The New York Times, July 20, 1973
“The FBI's Secret File on César Chávez”
Southern California Quarterly
Vol. 78, No. 4 (WINTER 1996), pp. 347-384
Chavez v. Municipal Court, 256 Cal.App.2d 149, (Cal. Ct. App. 1967)
The Original Night Stalker Classic, Ep. S3/E5 Sep 02, 2003
5 Cold Cases That Had Big Breaks in 2018, by Laura Barcella
“FBI Admits Pseudoscientific Hair Analysis Used in Hundreds of Cases” Smithsonian Magazine, Erin Blakemore, April 22, 2015
“Microscopic Hair Comparison Analysis” Overview, Controlling cases, and video links —Nat’l Assoc Criminal Defense Lawyers
“Quantification of forces required for stabbing with screwdrivers and other blunter instruments” April 2011, International Journal of Legal Medicine 126(1):43-53
“Knife Wounds” Critical Analysis RN, 2022
“Forces generated in stabbing attacks: an evaluation of the utility of the mild, moderate and severe scale” Nolan, Hainsworth, Rutty; Int J Legal Med, September, 2017
“Conviction Review Units: A National Perspective” John Holloway, Faculty Scholarship at Penn Law, 2016
“Conviction Integrity Unit Best Practices” Innocence Project, October 15, 2015
“Policies & Procedures” Texas Forensic Science Commission, Jan. 31, 2020
“Background: Texas Forensic Science Commission’s Work” Innocence Project, Nov. 9, 2009
This story links to all episodes of the series and provides a short overview of the evidence that links EPD Sgt. DeAngelo to the crime.
Some of the sourced material that is posted to the 12-26-75.com website is included according to the “Fair Use” doctrine of copyright law, and falls under the safe harbor provisions of 17 U.S.C. §512 for purposes of research and study, public comment, news reporting, and education purposes. All materials are used solely in an effort to advance the understanding of topics discussed on this site. No claim to copyright in such materials is made or altered by uses herein, and all such copyright shall remain with the respective owners.
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), the 12-26-75.com website will comply with legitimate electronic written notices, commonly known as a DMCA Takedown Notice (“notice”), which must include the following information:
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, to be the subject of infringing activity. Provide information on how, and when, the exclusive copyright was established in the work(s) identified in the notice.
• Provide specific URL(s) of the work(s), as contained on the 12-26-75.com website, or provide representative copies of works covered under the notice to identify such content quickly. If multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notice, then include a representative list of such works.
• Information to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted is required.
• A good faith statement by the complaining party that use of the material is not authorized, and specifically how the “fair use” safe harbor does not apply to the materials as used and represented on the 12-26-75.com website. Under Section 512(f), any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability for damages.
• A statement, executed by a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner and made under penalty of perjury, that all information in the notice is accurate. Direct all DMCA Takedown Notices to the following email address: december261975 (at) gmail.com
Copyright © 2022 12-26-75 - All Rights Reserved.